Labour’s manifesto promises a real difference to any living in poverty
What is Labour saying will be done to help all in poverty?
- Scrapping the Bedroom Tax immediately
- Scrapping the Sanctions regime
- Reinstating Housing Benefit for unemployed 18-21 year olds
- Scrapping cuts to Bereavement benefits
- Increasing the Work element of Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) by £30 per week
- Ending the 6 week delay in paying out to new Universal Credit (UC) claimants
- Ending the ‘rape clause’ for mothers claiming UC for more than 2 children
- Replacing the Work Capability and Personal Independent Payment (PIP) assessments with a humane and personalised service
- Ending the constant reassessments for people with severe long term conditions
- Keeping the pensionable age at 66
- Building a large volume of council and housing association homes -; at least 100,000 a year, at truly affordable rents.
- New private tenancies will be for 3 years, with limits on rent rises
- Keeping tax and National Insurance payments as they are unless you are pretty well off.
- Increasing the minimum wage to £10 an hour, for everyone aged 18 or over
- Giving more money to local authorities, protecting libraries, post offices, pubs and local shops
Of course, many/most of these policies will provide benefits to us all – the many.
WHAT’S NOT TO LIKE?????????